Exhibit 1: From top to bottom: Sean Landers, Miss Kitty Redux, 2016-17, at Rodolphe Janssen Gallery’s booth at Art Basel Miami Beach, 2017, and installation views of Sol LeWitt, 100 Cubes, 1991, at Paula Cooper Gallery’s booth at Art Basel Miami Beach, 2017. Courtesy of Artrendex
What was the most Instagrammed artwork at Art Basel in Miami Beach last year?
Exhibit 2: Olafur Eliasson, Your collective decision, 2017. Courtesy of Artrendex.
What were VIPs looking at?
Exhibit 3: Top 10 Instagrammed artworks during the VIP Preview Period at Art Basel Miami Beach, 2017. Courtesy of Artrendex.
1. Olafur Eliasson, Your collective decision, 2017
2. Julio Le Parc, Sphère Miroir, 2017
3. Olafur Eliasson, Penta Hexe, Green Gold, 2017
4. Jenny Holzer, All Fall, Texts: Selections from Truisms (1977–79), Living (1980–82) and Survival (1983–85), 2012
5. Andrea Galvani, Study on a Rotating Black Hole, 2017
6. Two different (but very similar) works by Tom Wesselmann: Smoker #3 (Mouth #17), 1968; Smoker banner, 1971
7. A wall of gold masks, each individually titled, by Peter Liversidge, 2017
8. Jack Pierson, Arrive Here, 2017
9. Frank Bowling, Three different works by the artist from the late 1960s/early 1970s
10. George Condo, Smiling Woman, 2009
Do VIP and regular fairgoers have similar tastes?
Exhibit 4: Top 10 Instagrammed artworks during the run of the fair at Art Basel Miami Beach, 2017. Courtesy of Artrendex.